Employment type: full-time
Purpose of the position
- To assist the Compliance Monitoring & Project Management Director in the performance of the Compliance Monitoring Programme.
Main activities and responsibilities
- Prepare and perform assigned internal and external audits/inspections as part of the annual Audit Plan in accordance with Air Belgium’s audit process and procedures.
- Record findings based on factual evidence whenever non-compliance is found against an applicable regulation, standard or question, determine the level of findings and obtain auditee’s acceptance of the audit report including findings, if any.
- Recommend solutions to close raised findings while respecting the reporting chain. Review proposed corrective actions and determine if the proposal can be considered as conform when implemented in a permanent manner.
- Establish the deadline for implementation of the corrective actions and verify that implementation of the corrective actions has taken place within the agreed due date.
- Ensure that the root cause analysis for level 1 and 2 findings has been performed and review the correctness of the identified root cause.
- Close the audit when all corrective actions have been taken and ensure that accurate and complete records documenting the results of the Compliance Monitoring Programme are available in Air Belgium’s Compliance Monitoring software and archive.
- Review amendments to Air Belgium’s Management System documentation to verify compliance with the applicable regulations and standards.
- Ensure that the EASA cross-reference compliance checklists are updated in collaboration with the manual owners.
- Make recommendations to improve the overall quality of Air Belgium’s Management System documentation regarding potential future compliance issues.
- Review changes in applicable regulation & standards, evaluate the impact on Air Belgium’s Management System documentation and establish an action plan in collaboration with the manual owners.
- Perform training on matters of Compliance Monitoring and Regulations.
- Display a positive, open and cooperative attitude in order to facilitate a good working relationship with all parties involved while maintaining a critical and analytical mindset.
- Comply with Company policies, values and auditor’s code of ethics.
- Comply with local, national legislations and health & safety standards.
- Report to hierarchy any hazards, non-compliances and risks whether to employees or to the company.
Requirements and qualifications
- Experience in the aviation industry, preferably within a commercial air transport airline as part of the technical, operational, safety or compliance monitoring department.
- Fluent in French /English (both written and spoken), other European languages are an asset.
- Good knowledge of aviation regulations (EASA Air Operations, EASA Air Crew, EASA Continuing Airworthiness).
- Having completed an auditor course.
- Ability to communicate both written and verbal at all levels.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software packages is essential.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines; mature attitude with willingness to further develop the role and department.
- Assertive but tactful; able to deal with confidential information; high degree of integrity; good planner and organiser, able to work independently.
- Willing to travel.
What we offer
Next to a correct and modern compensation package – the ability to work in an airline environment where you can have impact and will be embedded in a team of aviation enthusiasts . Visit our website and learn more about Air Belgium’s unique positioning in the airline industry.
Please send your application to [email protected] mentioning “CompMon01” in the subject of your email.