Employment type: full-time
Purpose of the position
- To supervise the activities of the contracted line and base maintenance providers to ensure that maintenance tasks are carried out in accordance with the Part-145 & Part-M regulations and Air Belgium standards. They also give specific attention to defect management, repetitive defects and spare parts provisioning.
- To remain in close contact with the Line Maintenance Control Center and attend aircraft arrival and departure which require specific attention.
Main activities and responsibilities
- To manage and control the daily line maintenance technical ramp activities, line/home base A-checks and/or special maintenance events (e.g. engine/landing gear changes,…) to ensure an on time performance and safe and reliable maintenance operation.
- To review the scheduled maintenance plan and highlights mandatory work, repetitive and hard to find defects, AHM fault reports, etc for the coming 24 hours with the contracted MRO, and prepare his specific actions to monitor in the field during his duty.
- In case of additional work and/or excessive defects/repairs, to ensure that the required expertise such as engineering, NDT, etc, is initiated and available.
- Ensure appropriate communication with all relevant stakeholders in case of aircraft technical defects that might or will have an impact on the on time departure or aircraft condition
- Build a professional relationship with the aircraft service providers and constructive communication process to avoid misunderstandings
- Provide assistance on AOG situations in a timely and professional manner
- To be responsible to manage and ensure appropriate follow-up with the contracted logistics group, or the materials provider, on the status of the ordered parts, (special) tooling & equipment and/or kits, and verify that the delivered parts to be installed have acceptable traceability and certificates.
- From time to time being the Technical Representative during heavy Maintenance events on AB aircraft at the MRO facility abroad to control/supervise the maintenance activities
- To control and monitor that the suppliers comply with AB contractual quality standards
- Ensure that all within your powers is done to achieve the company key performance indicators
- Monitor actual performance in terms of cost, quality and service of all maintenance suppliers and, where necessary report any deficiency in order to take corrective actions to ensure the realisation of the operational targets
- Comply with Company policies, values and ethics.
- Comply with local, national legislations and health & safety standards.
- Report to hierarchy any hazards, non-compliances and risks whether to employees or to the company.
Requirements and qualifications
- Part 66 licensed engineer (or an aeronautical degree or national equivalent) with 10Y experience in), an aircraft maintenance environment or five years equivalent by experience as a technical representative.
- Previous experience on aircraft type A330 and/or B747 is an asset.
- Good knowledge of the applicable EASA Regulatory Requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of maintenance programs & maintenance contracts.
- Able to demonstrate accuracy related to the maintenance execution
- Computer literate with good administration skills, familiar with MS office and e-mail system.
- Good command of the English language.
- Ability to communicate/report clearly and effectively with all layers in organizations and with suppliers.
- Ability to make analyses, pro-actively propose areas of improvement, take initiatives, solution driven.
- Good organizational skills and track record in setting priorities
- Ability to work independently and under the operational pressure.
- Able to cope with sporadic roster changes to address unforeseen situations.
- Ability to travel without restrictions
What we offer
Next to a correct and modern compensation package – the ability to work in an airline environment where you can have impact and will be embedded in a team of aviation enthusiasts . Visit our website and learn more about Air Belgium’s unique positioning in the airline industry.
Please send your application to [email protected] mentioning “TECHRep” in the subject of your email.